BCS Dental Implants In India
BCS (BICORTICAL SCREWS) DENTAL IMPLANTS:
WHAT ARE BCS IMPLANTS?
BCS implants are the classical Basal implants designed and promoted by IHDE implant company from Swiss. The unique features of bicortical dental implants (BCS) are smooth polished surface of implants and thin neck and apical threads to engage the cortical bone.
HISTORY OF BICORTICAL SCREW (BCS) IMPLANTS:
- In 1970’s, Dino Garbaccio, first introduced the concept of screw bicorticalism, which is considered as an important step in evolution of implantology. However the need to reach the opposite cortical wall had already been advised by scialom(French dentist)
- BCS implants are upgraded version of Garbaccio screw, having many benefits for both patient and implant surgeon
- BCS implant were first used and taught to dentist by Dr. Prem nanda for peers in 1990’s in India.
The human jaw bone has two parts namely,
- Alveolar bone (which houses the teeth)
- Basal cortical bone( which lies beyond the alveolar bone)
- The process of gum disease (periodontal infection) affect the alveolar bone by having the basal bone intact.
- The basal implants get their anchorage from the basal bone whereas conventional implants gets their anchorage from the alveolar bone.
- The studies of the basal cortical bone is excellent compared to the alveolar bone and so the success of implants placed (fixed) in cortical basal bone is always higher.
- Since the BCS implants are thin and smooth they are perfect design to perform flapless key hole implant placement (without opening the gum).
- This is called MII (Minimally Invasive Implant Dentistry) or Keyhole dental implants.
BENEFITS OF BCS IMPLANTS:
- They are useful in so called less bone/ no bone atropic jaw situation
- They help to prevent peri-implantitis(infection around implant)
- Avoids the need for bone grafts/sinus lifts
- Less oral hygiene maintenance from patient perspective
- placed by keyhole technique
- Faster heeling
- Less post treatment pain, swelling
- Patient can get fixed teeth in 3 -5 days
To see full mouth reconstruction/rehabilitation/replacement cases (before/after photos)
To see cost for full mouth and partial rehabilitation with dental implants
AUTHOR OF ARTICLE
All images on this website belongs exclusively to Best Laser Dental Clinic. All cases presented on this website have been treated at Best Laser Dental Clinic by Best Laser Dental Clinic & Co., all images and videos shown have the patients consent. No distribution is allowed without Best Laser Dental Clinic explicit consent.