HISTORY OF ZYZGOMA IMPLANTS:
Zygoma implant technique was developed by Professor Branemark (Nobel Biocare, Sweden) which uses the cheek bone(zygoma bone) to anchor the longer zygomatic implants.
Zygomatic implant technique was introduced in India by Rajan dental. Dr. Gunaseelan is considered as the of pioneer zygoma implants in India.
What kind of patients need zygoma implants?
1. Patient with no bon in the upper maxilla for conventional implants procedure will need zygoma implants, which gets it’s support from the cheek bone, which is always in good condition.
2. Patient with failing/failed full dental implant procedure, failing/failed sinus grafts / bone grafts in the upper jaw. Zygoma dental implant helps as a rescue implants in such kind of situation.
3. Patients in hereditary ectodermal dysplasia. This is a kind of syndrome in which the patient will have very less number of teeth in their mouth (called hypodontia or anodontia) from childhood.
Frequently they have very less bone or no bone in their jaws. They frequently need zygomatic dental implant to get a set of fixed teeth.
4. Patient in papillary lefevre syndrome. In this syndrome the patient loses all his/her teeth in early age due to aggressive periodontitis. Zygomatic dental implants as a kind of born to such patients, who lost all teeth at such young age.
What are benefits of quadzygoma (zygoma implants) to me?
– When no other options (conventional implant technique) are available, this will help you to get fixed teeth. You can eat better, speak better and smile better.
– Zygomatic implants have more than 98% of success in the long term, based on scientific evidence.
CASE REPORT OF PATIENT WITH ECTODERMAL DYSPLASIA TREATED BY
Before and After 3D -CBCT Images
What is guided zygoma implant?
• In this technique, zygoma implants are placed with the guidance of specially made surgical guides, this help the surgeon to accurately place zygoma implants.
What is the Cost of zygomatic dental implants:
– Cost of zygomatic dental implants in India varies bases on experience of the team, in house facilities of the center and the complexity of the bone situation.
Zygoma dental implant cost:
As a continuing education centre, regularly conducting dental education programme, we do certain dental implant procedure at subsidised cost for deserving patient under “Implant Programme Category”.
The total cost is inclusive of,
– CBCT scan
– Study models
– Digital documentation and clinical examination
– Anesthetic evaluation
– Sedative charges
– Prosthetic steps: Bridge construction steps
AUTHOR OF ARTICLE
All images on this website belongs exclusively to Best Laser Dental Clinic. All cases presented on this website have been treated at Best Laser Dental Clinic by Best Laser Dental Clinic & Co., all images and videos shown have the patients consent. No distribution is allowed without Best Laser Dental Clinic explicit consent.