DIGITAL DENTAL IMPRESSIONS
For years , whenever you need a dental crown , dentist had to make moulds of your teeth which required taking an impression of your teeth . A tray filled with a gopy , putty like material was used so that a three – dimensional model of the prepared tooth could be created .
An intraoral scanner is essentially a wand that is inserted into the patient’s mouth for a few seconds that scans the mouth using one of various light beam technologies, depending on the model. These scans generate a 3D digital model of the patient’s teeth to be viewed on a computer or tablet.
A digital model allows for a digital workflow, where files can be sent to a lab to have a prosthetic designed and milled, or milled chairside by the clinician. This is a much faster and more efficient process than it used to be.
What this means is that patient treatment can be sped up, and there is even the potential for same day smile restorations. This can reduce the need to visit the office multiple times, and of course help to improve the overall patient experience. Improving the patient experience is one of the priorities dental professionals focus on, as many patients do harbor fears about sitting in the dentist chair.
BENEFITS OF DIGITAL IMPRESSION WITH 3D INTRA ORAL SCANNER
1. Excellent fit of the prosthesis or restoration .
2. No use of Impression trays and alginate and thereby avoiding patient to gag .
3. Much comfortable and pleasant experience for patients especially for patients with dental anxiety .
4. Less time consuming procedure . Upper and lower jaw teeth will be scanned within minutes .
5. Reduction in the potential for errors
6. The scan will be immediately sent to lab through mail and the prosthesis are done immediately .
Digital impression technology also increases efficiency, both during the appointment for the impressions, and in the delivery time it takes to get the restorations made.
All images on this website belongs exclusively to Best Laser Dental Clinic. All cases presented on this website have been treated at Best Laser Dental Clinic by Best Laser Dental Clinic & Co., all images and videos shown have the patients consent. No distribution is allowed without Best Laser Dental Clinic explicit consent.