Painless wisdom tooth removal in Chennai, India
Date : 06/25/20
- Wisdom teeth are the last set of teeth to erupt in the oral cavity.
- They are four in number, two in the upper jaw and two in the lower jaw.
- Wisdom teeth are also known as third molars.
- Most often these teeth erupt in wrong angle and position, which causes pain and infection even to the next healthy tooth.
- In case of pain and infection, the tooth needs to be removed.
- When the tooth is deeply placed inside the bone and does not cause any infection or pain, it is not removed.
When to remove the wisdom teeth:
- When there is pain
- Infection and swelling
- Reduced mouth opening
- Causing damage to the next healthy tooth
- Erupting in wrong angle and position
- Cheek biting
How is it removed?
- Local anesthesia is given to numb the area prior to the wisdom tooth removal.
Here at our clinic, the local anesthesia is given using painless injection technique(STA system)
- Surgical removal is a minor surgical procedure, which requires opening of the gums and removal bones covering the tooth and then the tooth is removed.
After tooth removal the gums are closed with the help of sutures, which will be removed after 5-7 days.
Here at our clinic, the removal of tooth is made completely painless and atraumatic using piezo(electric device)
Advantages of Piezo assisted tooth removal:
- Requires less or no removal of gums and bones
- No injury to adjacent tissues
- Reduced bleeding
- No post operative pain and swelling
- Faster and better healing