Immediate teeth replacement after extraction in India
A tooth which is grossly decayed , fractured or failed root canal treated usually will go for extraction.. Many people believed that they have to wait for long period to replace the extracted teeth.. But with recent advancement it is possible to replace the extracted tooth immediately with dental implants.
This case report is about an young 28 years old male patient who reported to us with complain of pain in relation to upper right posterior region.. While asking patient about his dental history, we came to know that patient has underwent root canal treatment 2 years back and his tooth got fractured few days back and he is having pain now..
Medical history -nil
pre-op front view
pre-op upper occlusal view
pre-op side view
- On examination grossly decayed 25.
- Pain on percussion present in relation to 24 region.
- OPG and CBCT taken.
- CBCT shows periodontal widening and gp short of apex in relation to 24 region..
- Sufficient bone height and width was present in relation to 24 and 25 region to place implants..
- After complete clinical and radiographic examination we Advised patient 2 options
- Option 1– advised re-rct in 24 region, extraction of 25 and replace with 1 implant.
- Option-2– extraction of 24 and 25 and replace with 2 implants.
- Patient wants permanent solution and selected option -2.
- Prophylactic medication given
- Local anesthesia delivered using STA(Computerised Painless Local Anesthesia)
- Extraction of 24 and 25 done and 2 implants placed.
- Intra oral scanning done for PMMA crown.
post-implant CBCT image
Post-implant upper occlusal view
Post-implant side view
- PMMA crown of proper contour and shade is fixed on implant in relation to 24,25 region.
- Patient is asked to come after 4-6 months of healing period for permanent zirconia crown.
Post-op occlusal view
Post-op side view
For further details
visit us at :www.drmurugavel.in
Mail us at : email@example.com
Best Laser Dental Clinic & implant centre
No :33 Arcot Road,Next to INDUSIND Bank,Valasaravakkam ,
Phone no : +91 – 9171515077 , +91 -44-43856017