Laser Gum Treatment (LANAP)
LASER ASSISTED GUM TREATMENT IN INDIA
STATUS OF GUM DISEASE IN INDIA:
- As per survey conducted by IDA- Indian Dental Association, more than 95% of Indians suffering from periodontal gum disease and about 80% of population in India do not use a tooth brush.
- One of the famous proverb says that ‘Mouth Is The Portal Of Body’. Periodontal Gum disease has been proven to be associated with many several systemic illness.
The link between periodontitis and peptic ulcer and other stomach ailment has also been consistent.
WHAT IS GUM DISEASE?
Gum disease is an infection and inflammation of the gum, which support the teeth. Slow destruction of the gums and the surrounding bone, freely leads to loss of the tooth itself.
WHAT IS THE REASON FOR GUM DISEASE/ PERIODONTITIS:
- Gum disease is mainly caused by thin film of bad bacterias, called plaque.This plaque adhere to the gums and teeth and releases toxins and acids, which destroy the gums and teeth.
- As per the survey conducted by IDA 9Indian Dental Association 70% of the gum problems are due to, Consumption of fast food, soft diet ,Lack of proper good brushing habits
- People who are addicted to the package food and fast food like candies, noodles, chips, biscuits, cookies, French fries, burgers, pizzas, ice creams, sodas, desserts are more prone to get gum disease early in life.
- In certain survey of patients, Genetic also play a role in gum disease. History of periodontitis/gum disease in family members and tooth loss in early age may increase the risk of gum disease for their children.
HOW DO I KNOW IF I HAVE A GUM DISEASE:
- Bleeding in gum during brushing
- Red, swollen gums
- Pain while chewing
- Loose, shaking teeth
- Receding gums
- Gaps appearing between teeth
- Food getting caught between teeth
- Gum abscess with pain and pus
- Bad breath (Halitosis)
TYPES OF GUM DISEASE:
Infection /inflammation in the superficial aspect of gums (without bone involvement) is called gingivitis. This can easily cured by Scaling, Polishing of teeth (removal of tartar, calculus, plaque).
Gingivitis if untreated/unattended will involve the underlying supporting bone,
leading to bone loss, gum loss and shaking of teeth and finally to tooth loss.
3 Stages of periodontitis are:
Mild and moderate stages of periodontitis can be treated by gum surgeries, flap surgeries and by non surgical gum treatment methods like Laser gum treatment/ Laser flap surgery. Laser gum surgery called as LANAP – Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure.
TREATMENT FOR GUM DISEASE:
1. FLAP SURGERY(GUM SURGERY):
This is a surgical procedure done by a gum specialist(periodontist) to correct the periodontal disease.
What exactly we do during flap surgery?
- The affected area is made numb by anesthetic medicine.
- The overlying gum is raised (called flap) so that surgeon can see the amount of bone loss.
- The periodontal specialist then uses special instrument to remove the deep tartar, calculus and infected gum tissue.
- Once the tooth root surfaces are cleaned of microbacteria, the gum is put back to the old position and sutures are given.
INSTRUCTIONS AFTER GUM SURGERY:
- Medications: take the medications as prescribed by the doctor
- Bleeding: some mild gum bleeding is normal for the first 6 hours after surgery. Apply gentle pressure
- Routine work: you can carry out your normal routine activities. Avoid jogging or strenuous exercise
- Better to avoid smoking/alcohol for one week
LASER GUM TREATMENT IN CHENNAI:
Other names of Laser gum treatment are,
- Laser gum surgery
- Laser flap surgery
- LANAP(Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure)
This is a new revolution in gum treatment. A medical grade laser (diode laser)is used to treat gum disease. In 8%-80% of situation, this can be used instead of open gum surgery method. This Laser gum treatment is more comfortable/convenient to patients who are afraid of surgery, blood and suture.
WHY TO USE LASER FOR GUM TREATMENT? WHAT IS MY BENEFIT?
- Laser gum treatment is comparatively painless, when compared to open flap surgery
- Procedure can be done by minimal anesthesia
- No bleeding or very minimal bleeding during treatment
- No need for suturing
- Post treatment: routine work is not affected
- Faster, better healing after Laser gum treatment
LASER GUM TREATMENT (LANAP) COST:
– We offer world class Laser gum treatment. We are using a Laser called ZOLAR Laser imported from CANADA.
|Laser Gum Treatment||Cost in INR|
|Full mouth Laser Gum Treatment||35,000 – 40,000 INR|
The cost depends on severity of gum disease and the number of sessions required.
CLICK HERE FOR contact us..
AUTHOR OF ARTICLE
All images on this website belongs exclusively to Best Laser Dental Clinic. All cases presented on this website have been treated at Best Laser Dental Clinic by Best Laser Dental Clinic & Co., all images and videos shown have the patients consent. No distribution is allowed without Best Laser Dental Clinic explicit consent.